This is to you who wants to discover or already has fallen in love with Växjö Campus.
Or discover Växjö Campus in the
I have moved the content of I Love Växjö Campus (ilovevaxjocampus.se) to this domain. You find previous blog posts and other contents further below on this page.
Mood on Växjö Campus
“We will soon close the library …” in the library of Växjö Campus
Don’t you miss that friendly voice telling you to leave the library?
Here the original text of the kick-out sound from the Library on Växjö Campus:
Det närmar sig stängningsdags för hela biblioteket. Var vänlig töm eventuellt skåp och avsluta dina övriga ärenden. Välkommen åter!
We will soon close the library and ask you to please empty your locker and finish your library activities. Welcome to visit us again!
Back in the days when Stallarna was still on Tuesdays
Stop Motion Video on Växjö Campus
Advantages of living on Växjö Campus – everything is so close
There are many reasons why living on campus is great! But one of the most best is probably that everything is so close. The last thing you have to depend on is a car!
- Your workplace (the classrooms and library) is near.
- Your friends are living close by (just text them to hang out and meet for a coffee only 5 minutes later).
- The gym is right on campus (running there instead of walking won’t even warm you up before your workout).
So are the outdoor opportunities to play football, basketball, tennis or volleyball. And not to forget the beautiful surrounding around campus which is ideal for recreation like running or having a walk, (I strongly recommend you to try running or walking around the lakes Växjösjön or Trummen – it’s really beautiful particularly around sunset-time).
- The pubs/night-clubs are just a few minutes away from your apartment or your pre/after-party – which is great especially in the end of the night when you might had a too many drinks and want to go home – no bus, taxi or even bike needed!
- When later in life will you ever have all those places so close together?
It’s easy to enjoy life on Växjö Campus, you will love it!
No car needed when you live on Växjö Campus
When you live on Växjö Campus you really do not have to have a car. Everything you need on and around campus is close. You can skip some annoying things that many students at other universities or working people experience in everyday-life:
– No need for a car to commute from your apartment to “work”
– No looking for parking lots.
– No caring about traffic jams.
– Maximum 5 min of commuting.
– No transportation costs
Isn’t that great?! :)
Top Reasons You Will Love Living on Växjö Campus
- It’s a fascinating place with nice buildings.
- The buildings are embedded in a beautiful, park-like surrounding.
- Campus itself is surrounded by beautiful nature – with various fields, forest and lakes.
- You have a really cool looking castle right on campus.
How many universities can offer that, heh? Your family will be impressed next time they are over for a visit.
- You meet interesting people from various backgrounds and from all over the world.
How often do you have the opportunity to eat dinner with people from Sweden, Japan, France, China, Mexico, Italy, United States etc. sitting together at the same table and having a good time?
DJ Laszlo’s Campus Tunes
Playlists on Spotify
Who are the guys behind this idea?
“I Love Växjö Campus” is a project that is currently run by Matthias Kamann.
It was created in 2010 by Matthias and Metin Ucar. Both, Matthias and Metin studied and lived on campus for several years. Although they already graduated from university a while ago, they still live in Växjö and are – at least in some way – connected Växjö Campus.
Find out more about Metin on his Linkedin profile, here.
What we do…
Why we created “I Love Växjö Campus”?
First of all, we really love Växjö Campus!
Why?! Simply, because it’s a fascinating place with nice buildings embedded in a beautiful, park-like surrounding. A place where many interesting people from various backgrounds and from all over the world meet to develop their personality, study and celebrate.
Living on campus can be compared with an exciting school trip. It is like living in a bungalow park, but instead of a shopping center and a swimming pool in the middle of it, you find a proper university. (And there is no teacher that tells you when you have to be back in your room.) The people around you are roughly in your age, with similar interests, united inside the campus bubble.
It is a place where you create lifetime memories! Admittedly, campus life can be pretty exhausting sometimes. If you have experienced campus life in Växjö, you probably know what we are talking about … ;)
We, Matthias and Metin, experienced such a great time on this wonderful, let’s call it, “island for students“, which inspired us to share our love through “I Love Växjö Campus” and let other people express their “campus love” by following us (on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or wearing the shirts that we created.
For many former students this is a great way to stay connected with the place where they created their maybe “best time of their life”.